Full-Time Mid-weight Graphic Designer
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is looking for a talented, creative and innovative mid-weight designer to work within the existing dedicated Engagement Team at ZSL.
The Graphic Designer will work on a range of projects within the engagement team and for teams across ZSL, seeing them through from concept and design to delivery. Working to budgets and deadlines set with the team manager.
The work ranges from page layout and design for employee and visitor magazines, through to designing graphics for campaigns and events. The graphic designer also supports the design of zoo exhibit interpretation through theming and signage. This aspect of the role will involve working alongside the interpretation developers in the engagement team.
The graphics team provides design service across ZSL and supports the work of commercial, scientific and learning teams. With this in mind candidates must have experience of creating and developing professional client/designer relationships.
The designer will also be required to brief and manage external freelance designers when the need arises.
- A degree or equivalent in graphic design
- Well-honed skills in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to work independently to meet briefs, using suitable design to communicate to a variety of audiences
- Excellent organisational skills to work to deadlines and manage relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and contractors
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required to liaise and negotiate with a range of internal departments and colleagues at all levels
- Interest in wildlife and conservation
- An ability to work to brand guidelines and an understanding of how to get the best out of a brand
- Knowledge of preparing artwork for print
- Illustration skills are beneficial
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
Salary: £28,408 per annum
It would be desirable, but not essential to have experience of 3D design and delivering graphics in an outdoor environment.
How to ApplyPlease send a CV, covering letter outlining your suitability and examples of your three best pieces of work (pdf file format and file size totaling no more than 4MB) to: HR Department, ZSL London Zoo, Outer Circle, NW1 4RY or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1586 total views, 1 today